If you've tried to resist the uncontrollable urge to pop a zit and have failed miserably, then you probably are a victim of “Recurrent Acne.” Read on to know why.
Your acne often tells you what is wrong with your body. If you have gone through the continuous frustrating cycle of cystic recurring acne, inflammation, and healing then you should probably take a hard look at your everyday lifestyle.
In current times, the rat race to have clear skin, achieve your goals, hustle, maintain your sanity, and do your "10-step Korean skincare night-time routine” has almost become an impossible feat to achieve. Recurrent acne, unlike most common skin issues, requires a slightly different approach to resolve. One of the key factors that contribute to this problem is “stress.”
Along with hormonal issues like PCOS/PCOD, weight fluctuations and more, a strenuous and anxious state of mind can contribute widely to aggravated and acne-prone skin. Some common areas in which recurring acne is mostly spotted are the cheeks, chin, forehead, and tip of the nose.
Regular products like pimple patches and ointments are seldom effective on cystic acne as the treatment needs a skin-deep approach. Certain dietary changes like spicy food, dairy products, and more can form a pus-like sac under the skin. Regular DIY acne remedies like applying toothpaste/Neosporin can cause more harm than good. Unlike pimples, it doesn’t form a head and takes a longer time to go away. Let’s look at a few ways in which you can get rid of recurring acne with SEREKO.
- Use a product that contains Vitamin-A – An excessive amount of stress produces the hormone cortisol, which in turn makes the skin oily. Using a combination of products that contains Vitamin-A, is an excellent way to combat recurring acne. SEREKO’s clarifying cleanser is the perfect option to treat acne for oily skin. It gently removes dirt and unclogs the clogged pores. It also retains the natural PH balance of the skin and doesn't strip it of its natural oils. It contains calming properties which reduce stress and anxiety while stopping the recurring popping up of zits to give lasting results.
- Use a non-comedogenic moisturizer – Acne-prone skin requires the usage of a gentle moisturiser and a formulation that is non-comedogenic. A quick-absorbing and cream gel-based product can do wonders for the skin. SEREKO’s clarifying face moisturizer acts as a topical acne treatment that provides intense 24-hour nourishment without making the skin feel oily/greasy. It contains 15+ active ingredients like sea buckthorn, acai berry, clary sage, and more. Apart from working beautifully with acne-prone skin, this product can also be used as a sunblock, makeup primer, and soothing face gel. It is also an excellent moisturizer for dry skin as it prevents the flare-ups of eczema and other skin concerns.
- Resist the urge to pick at your pimples – Picking at your pimples can often cause more harm than good. Stressful times can automatically lead one to pick at their skin and this leads to a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Recurring acne which doesn’t form a head is known as a blind pimple and these go way deep inside the layers of the skin. It takes a long time to fade and can often lead to acne scars if picked/poked on. SEREKO’s calming candy tabs are an excellent way to combat this issue. Infused with the goodness of Magnesium Lactate, Hydrolysed milk protein, Saffron Extract, Bramhi, and Piperine, these “on the go,” chewable, chocolate-flavored candy tabs reduce the constant and anxious urge to poke at your skin. It calms the mind and shows visible results within 2 weeks of regular usage.
- Change your overall diet and lifestyle – Recurrent acne can often be solved by looking at an individual’s lifestyle and dietary patterns. High-stress environments and anxiety can result in the formation of painful blind pimples. Avoiding excessive caffeine, sugar, dairy, red meat, nicotine, and alcohol and adding some form of exercise can help improve the overall quality of an individual’s skin and life. Other topical acne solutions include using products like – Salicylic acid, Benzoyl peroxide, Retinoids, and more. SEREKO’s clarifying serum is a great option for blackhead removal and whitehead treatment. With regular usage, the skin heals from within by calming down the mind. This automatically regulates excessive sebum production and becomes an excellent acne treatment.
- Add a detoxifier to your diet – Just like your body, the mind needs a cleanse from time to time. Incorporating a detoxifier into your diet can help in combatting the issue of recurrent acne to a great extent. The super glow kit from SEREKO acts as the perfect pimple treatment. These fizzy drinks, work “around the clock” to detoxify your mind and body. Simply pour, stir, and drink to enjoy the taste of zesty lemon while making your skin glow from within!
In conclusion, your mind is connected to your skin and body. In order to combat recurring acne, an overall change in your lifestyle, diet and skincare routine is absolutely crucial. SEREKO’s wide range of products are infused with the goodness of multiple ingredients which will help in healing various skin concerns like recurring acne, pigmentation and more. Go, and check them out today!